Dimensional Testing Engineer – FT
Q-PLUS Labs is a premier full service precision dimensional measurement and inspection laboratory providing a wide array of quality dimensional measurement services. Our customers are leaders in the high technology, medical, defense, automotive, and aerospace sectors. We are currently seeking a skilled, exacting, energetic and determined Dimensional Testing Engineer.
The candidate will perform dimensional measurement, inspection, and testing of a variety of manufactured components using CMMs, vision systems, and a wide array of other metrology equipment. Candidate will work in a demanding, high-tech, fast paced, environment where accuracy and quality are prized above all.
- Accurate blueprint reading and interpretation of parts from many types of manufacturing in many industries
- Dimensional inspection using CMMs, vision systems, 3D scanners, and a variety of other metrology equipment and hand tools
- Dimensional Inspection to drawings, CAD models, procedures & customer specifications
- Generate and methodically review professional reports of measurement results
- Perform reverse engineering of parts generating variously: point clouds, auto-surfaces, 3D CAD models, and engineering drawings
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating/programming a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and other sophisticated dimensional measurement equipment
- Minimum of 3 years industry related experience preferred
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Working knowledge of various and common CMM and CAD programs
- Experience with Vision Systems and 3D Scanners preferred
- Dimensional inspection and testing using a variety of precision instruments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work with little supervision
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
Compensation commensurate with qualifications, ability and relevant experience.
Please contact us for more information.