Vision System Programmer / Quality Inspector – FT
Q-PLUS Labs is a premier full service precision dimensional measurement and inspection laboratory providing a wide array of quality dimensional measurement services. Our customers are leaders in the high technology, medical, defense, automotive, and aerospace sectors. We are currently seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Vision System Programmer / Quality Inspector to perform dimensional measurement and inspection utilizing various VMMs (vision/video measurement machines) or vision systems.
The candidate will perform dimensional measurement and inspection of a variety of manufactured components primarily by programming various vision systems and multi-sensor VMMs/CMMs, as well as through the use of various manual gages. Candidate will work in a demanding, high-tech, fast-paced environment where accuracy and quality are the highest priority.
- Accurate blueprint reading and interpretation for many types of manufacturing and many different industries
- Dimensional inspection by programming vision systems and multi-sensor CMMs and VMMs, and a variety of other metrology equipment and hand tools
- Dimensional inspection of drawings, procedures & customer specifications
- Generate and methodically review professional reports of measurement results
- Assist and support other inspectors with dimensional inspection tasks
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Quality Inspector
- Working knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with programming Vision Systems is essential
- Knowledge of QC5000 software with DCC programming on any vision systems
- Knowledge of Zeiss Calypso and/or Mitutoyo Optical CMM’s using QV-Pak or any other vision programming system (i.e Keyence, Nikkon, OGP, Starrett)
- Dimensional inspection using a variety of precision instruments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work with little supervision
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 5:00PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required. Top pay for top candidates. Compensation will commensurate with qualifications and experience.