Program Developer / In-House IT Assistant – FT
Q-PLUS Labs is a premier full service precision dimensional measurement and inspection laboratory providing a wide array of quality dimensional measurement services. Our customers are leaders in the high technology, medical, defense, automotive, and aerospace sectors. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for a VBA Developer / In-House IT Assistant Full-Time Position.
The candidate will have advanced knowledge and experience in building databases using Access, Excel, VB Script, and VBA. Candidate must have experience with building multi-tier databases with front-end and back-end interfaces. It is helpful to have SQL experience and be comfortable with a paired coding environment.
This candidate will also facilitate in the day to day IT functions. Duties include configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, and providing daily technical support for computer network users.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is self-motivated, detail oriented, self-sufficient, multi-tasker, and has excellent time management skills.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK MONDAY – FRIDAY from 8:30AM -5:00PM.
- Create, modify, and maintain existing Access and SQL databases
- Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views and triggers
- Manage merge of database code as required
- Work with CEO to understand data collection, storage, and reporting needs
- Analyze existing business processes and database to develop new opportunities for business improvement and enhancements
- Implement and validate improvements to system
- Perform system testing of new releases and provide detailed test results for feedback to management team
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Troubleshoot query performance issues and help developers improve the performance of that query by adjusting it or modifying indexes
Act as the primary support for IT needs by providing desktop/laptop/tablet support to Users and assisting with IT tasks such as:
- Help employees with all IT matters
- Physical hardware fixes
- Complete setup and deployment of all new computers and users (Onboarding)
- Connect to domain, printers, etc.
- Miscellaneous IT duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Three to five years of IT service experience
- Expert level of experience with database structures and functionality (SQL Server, MS Access, InfoPath, etc.)
- Expert level of experience with database querying and programming (T-SQL, Access VBA, etc.)
- Ability to create dynamic reports based on multiple data sources
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, along with ability to develop, evaluate and implement business rules
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with minimal supervision