Quantum S ScanArm
FARO has spent more than 30 years bringing excellence into the marketplace. Through our wide array of products, and the innovations that have come with them, the 3D imaging landscape has been changed forever. FARO’s portfolio of portable coordinate measuring machines (CMMs) includes measuring arms, laser trackers, 3D laser scanners, and 3D imagers. These portable CMMs can be used for both contact and non-contact measurement.
The FARO Quantum S ScanArm establishes a new industry performance bar and extends FARO’s tradition of maximum measurement consistency and reliability in every working environment. It delivers best-in-class performance for both hard probing and laser scanning applications. The Quantum S helps manufacturers stay ahead of their competitors in an increasingly global manufacturing marketplace by empowering better quality assurance and ensuring maximum customer confidence in their products and processes.
The Quantum S ScanArm is the most accurate arm ever produced and offers a high-level of accuracy that meets the most challenging tolerances. The system delivers best-in-class performance for both hard probing and laser scanning applications. Combined with the FAROBlu Laser Line Probe HD and FAROBlu Laser Line Probe SD, the Quantum S ScanArm provides unparalleled non-contact capabilities, offering high-speed point cloud capture, superior resolution and high-accuracy.
The FAROBlu or Prizm Laser Line Probe can be used in conjunction with the FARO 8-Axis Quantum FaroArm, the first – and only – eight-axis portable metrology solution available on the marketplace. The resulting FARO 8-Axis Quantum ScanArm offers a comprehensive, contact/non-contact metrology solution, which allows users to significantly speed up and simplify their measurement and scanning activities. This is due to the limited device movements required to reach the features of interest and the reduced need for relocation of the measuring device to different positions around the object to be measured.
The Quantum S is the right choice for advanced manufacturing, providing more efficiency across highly demanding factory environments. It features FARO kinematic smart probes, which provide unparalleled user experience allowing for quick probe replacement without the need to re-calibrate. In addition, the Quantum S leverages a new industrial-grade wireless capability that delivers the best accessibility in a shop-floor environment.
The Quantum S allows manufacturers to work faster and smarter, delivering better quality products and a significant reduction in rework and scrap. The repeatability and accuracy in the Quantum S is unparalleled and has been tested under the most extreme conditions to ensure consistent quality. The Quantum S helps manufacturers stay ahead of their competitors by empowering better quality assurance and ensuring maximum confidence in products and processes.
The Benefits of the Quantum ScanArm Include:
- Fast Scanning Speed – The extra wide scan stripe and fast frame rate boosts productivity by increasing coverage and reducing scanning time. Combined with the eight-axis rotation of objects in real-time, the scanning process itself is even faster.
- Scan Challenging Materials – Seamlessly scan across diverse surface materials regardless of contrast, reflectivity or part complexity without any special coatings or target placement.
- High-Definition Data – Intricate components can be captured in fine detail as a result of the 2,000 actual points per scanline (FAROBlu HD) and the FAROBlu Laser Line Probe featuring noise reduction technology.
- Color Scanning – RGB information and color point cloud data allow users to document, analyze and manipulate detail rich, 3D color point clouds (FARO Prizm) of a part or assembly on a computer screen. Proper decisions on the production floor can be made based on the availability of information not detectable with existing technologies.
- High-Speed Wireless Operation – New sophisticated and robust electronic design delivers superior reliability and guarantees optimal wireless operation for scanning and probing, allowing unmatched reach across the manufacturing floor.